The 2nd Norwegian-American Aesthetic Surgery Meeting Oslo, Norway
October 27, 2017
After the success of the first Norwegian-American Aesthetic Surgery Meeting, in Oslo, in 2015, in which 146 attendees participated from 16 different countries, the Norwegian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (NSAPS) and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) are pleased to invite you to the second Norwegian-American Aesthetic Surgery Meeting, October 27, 2017.
The annual meeting of the Norwegian Society for Plastic Surgery will be held October 26, just prior to Norwegian-American Aesthetic Surgery Meeting. Please let your colleagues know about this special opportunity to participate in these two events!
We are proud to announce a stellar faculty from Norway, the USA, all the Nordic countries, several European countries and Brazil. Numerous lectures will be presented at this educational one-day meeting.
It is with great sorrow that we learned of the sudden unexpected passing of our dear colleague,
Dr Scott Spear. Dr Spear had confirmed his participation as faculty for our meeting prior to his sudden death and was enthusiastic to visit Norway and be among colleagues and friends.
We will remember him fondly throughout the meeting.
The program will be divided into seven specific sessions: face; breast (2 sessions); stem cells, fat grafting and regenerative surgery; quality of life, patient complaints, and practice management; mortality, morbidity and patient safety in combined/high-risk procedures in aesthetic surgery; and postbariatric (MWL patients) and body contouring surgery.
Of particular interest, one of the breast sessions will deal with the selection of breast implants. Main manufacturers (Allergan, Mentor, Motiva, Polyurethane) will be given equal opportunity to talk about their implants and the reasons plastic surgeons should choose them.
The discussion will include long-term complications regarding ALCL and capsular contracture.
Special emphasis will be placed on recent developments and new techniques in facial, breast and body contouring aesthetic surgery, with video presentations and course-based lectures by world renowned surgeons. The information will be abundant and informative for plastic surgeons of all levels of experience.
This meeting is a milestone in a collaborative effort to elevate aesthetic surgery, with more focus on research, quality of life, patient satisfaction, and developing the best standard of care.
This joint meeting is a solid foundation for a scientific gathering at the highest international level.
The congress will be held in Oslo, which is situated in one of Norway’s beautiful fjords and natural surroundings. Late October in Oslo can be sunny and chilly, about 16ºC (60ºF), with clear skies and chance of rain.
For registration and contact please see below.
We look forward to this exciting meeting and seeing you in Oslo on October 27, 2017!
The Meeting Committee
Amin Kalaaji, Bjørn E. Rosenberg, Bjørn Tvedt, Christian Busch
Frode Amland – Norway Amin Kalaaji – Norway Frode Samdal – Norway Katarina Andjelkov – Serbia Bouraoui Kotti – Tunisia Birgit Stark – Sweden Anadi Begic – Norway Guy Malagon – France Jørn Bo Thomsen – Denmark Rana Das-Gupta – UK Alessandra Marchi – Italy Patrick Tonnard – Belgium Daniel Del Vecchio – USA Maurizio Bruno Nava – Italy Angelo Trivisonno – Italy Fredrik Gewalli – Sweden Igor Niechajev – Sweden Bjørn Tvedt – Norway James Grotting – USA Timo Pakkanen – Finland Shailesh Vadodaria – UK Gudjon L. Gunnarsson – Norway Norbert Pallua – Germany Luis O. Vasconez – USA Dennis Von Heimburg – Germany Andreas Printzlau – Denmark Richard J. Warren – Canada Mary Jewell – USA Michel Rouif – France Jan Wieslander – Sweden Mark Jewell – USA Carlos Roxo – Brazil
The 2nd Norwegian-American Aesthetic Surgery Meeting Oslo, Norway
October 27, 2017,
The Meeting Committee
Amin Kalaaji, Bjørn E. Rosenberg, Bjørn Tvedt, Christian Busch
OPENING REMARKS — Organizing Committee Member
Session 1: Face, Nose, and Eyelid/Ear
- Personal Evolution of Facial Rejuvenation: Toward Simplification by Focusing on Aesthetic Lines and Curves. James Grotting, USA
- Adjunctive Procedures to Improve Facelift Result — Brow and Skin Quality. James Grotting, USA
- Using the Face Q to improve Results in Neck Contouring. James Grotting, USA
- Facelift: A Modern Practical Algorithm. A personal approach. Rana Das-Gupta, UK
- Centrofacial Rejuvenation: A New Paradigm in the Reconstruction of Youth. Patrick Tonnard, Belgium
- Aesthetic Surgery of the Face Under Local Anesthesia and No IV Sedation. Luis O. Vasconez, USA
- Endoscopic Forehead Lift: Effective, Simple, and Lasting. Luis O. Vasconez, USA
- Mid-Face Facial Rejuvenation: A New, Simple and Effective Approach. Luis O. Vasconez, USA
- Different Faces, Different Facelift Techniques. Richard J. Warren, USA
- Difficult Neck Lift. Michel Rouif, France
- Controlling the Position of the Nasal Tip. Richard J. Warren, USA
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty. Rana Das-Gupta, UK
- Nose Q. Application in Rhinoplasty Patients. Amin Kalaaji, Norway
- Restoration of the Nasal Function in a Surgically Mutilated Nose. Igor Niechajev, Sweden
- Finesse in Rhinoplasty (Prominent Nose). Igor Niechajev, Sweden
- Augmentation Blepharoplasty. Patrick Tonnard, Belgium
- The Upper Eyelid/Brow Junction. Richard J. Warren, USA
- Lower Eyelid Fat Transposition: Still Good After All These Years. Richard J. Warren, USA
- Suture vs Scoring Technique for Correction of Prominent Ear: Personal Perspective. Shailesh Vadodaria, UK
Session 2: Fat Grafting, Stem Cells, and Regenerative Surgery
- Basic Science Behind Stem Cells From Adipose Tissue: Ways to Isolate and Apply Them to Cross the Bridge Between Basic Science and Clinical Practice. Katarina Andjelkov, Serbia
- Advances in Harvesting and Processing Fat for More Predictable Results. Katarina Andjelkov, Serbia
- Latest Research on Fat Grafting and Its Clinical Relevance to Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Norbert Pallua, Germany
- Microfat, Snif, and Nanofat: From Volume Augmentation to Cell Therapy. Patrick Tonnard, Belgium
- Macrofat vs Microfat vs Nanofat. Angelo Trivisonno, Italy
- Fat Grafting to the Face — What I Have Learned. James Grotting, USA
- Facial Rejuvenation: Filler vs Lipofilling. What Is the Best Choice? Angelo Trivisonno, Italy
- The Different Planes of Lipografting in the Areas of the Face. Norbert Pallua, Germany
- Treating Scleroderma of the Face With Fat and PRP. Guy Magalon, France
- Fat Grafting to the Face and to the Breasts. Analyzing the Results by 3D Imaging. Timo Pakkanen, Finland
- Lipofilling in the Face and Body: Our Experience With Key Points for Fat Survival. Bouraoui Kotti, Tunisia
- New Indications for Fat Grafting to the Breast. Amin Kalaaji, Norway
- Conversion From Implant to Fat Reconstruction. Alessandra Marchi, Italy
- An Assessment of the Predictability of Fat Grafting to Correct Complications of Breast Silicone Implants. Katarina Andjelkov, Serbia
- Treatment of Breast Malformations by Use of Fat. Alessandra Marchi, Italy
- Adipose Derived Stromal Vascular Fraction (ADSVF) in Hand Disability of Patients With Systemic Sclerosis. Guy Magalon, France
- Solving Difficult Problems of the Lower Limbs by Fat Injection. Guy Magalon, France
Session 3: Breast 1
- Experience With the Swedish Breast Implant Registry and Report on ICOBRA (International Association of Breast Implants Registries). Birgit Stark, Sweden
- The Telemark Breast Score: A Reliable and Valid Method for Evaluation of Results After Breast Surgery. Statistically Reliable Method Validated by Matching Towards Breast Q. Anadi Begic, Norway
- Breast Reduction Using the Vertical Sculpted Pillar Technique: Videos of Marking and Technique. James Grotting, USA
- Revising the Augmented Breast. James Grotting, USA
- Biofilm and Infection Control in Breast Augmentation/Reconstruction/Management of Late-Term Periprosthetic Fluid. Mark Jewell, USA
- Breast Feeding After Breast Augmentation. Mark Jewell, USA
- New Technique for Surgical Correction of Inverted Nipple. Amin Kalaaji, Norway
- The Ptotic Breast: A Simple Classification and a Simplified Algorithm for Achieving Natural Results. Bouraoui Kotti, Tunisia
- Mamoplasty and Mastopexy — A Personal Approach. Carlos Roxo, Brazil
- Breast Augmentation Through Endoscopic Transaxillary Approach. Michel Rouif, France
- Primary Breast Augmentation Through Axillary Skin Incision in Small Pointed and Tubular Breasts. Jan Wieslander, Sweden
- A Novel Method for Treating Gynecomastia. The Use of a Lighted Breast Retractor and Vader Liposuction to Avoid Nipple Scars and to Tighten Skin in 40 Cases. Rana Das-Gupta, UK
Session 4: Breast 2 — Breast Implant Choice: Why Should I Use Your Implants?
- Polyurethane Implants: Why I’ve Used Them for the Past 18 Years. Patrick Tonnard, Belgium
- Allergan Implants: Achieving Good Clinical Outcomes With the Natrelle Range of Breast Implants. Maurizio Bruno Nava, Italy
- Motiva Implants: Composite Breast Augmentation — The Case for Motiva HYBRID. Daniel Del Vecchio, USA
- Mentor Implants. Dennis Von Heimburg, Germany
Session 5: Patient Safety, Morbidity, and Mortality in Aesthetic Surgery
- Gluteal Augmentation Surgery — Safety Concerns: Anatomic Regions to Avoid When Performing Gluteal Fat Grafting. Katarina Andjelkov, Serbia
- Combination Procedures in Aesthetic Surgery: What Can We Learn From a Survey? Fredrik Gewalli, Sweden
- The Metabolic Answer to the Trauma in Combined Surgeries. Carlos Roxo, Brazil
- Safety of Fat Grafting to the Breast. Norbert Pallua, Germany
- Complications in Postbariatric Plastic Surgery. Carlos Roxo, Brazil
- How Dangerous Is Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? Frode Samdal, Norway
- Minimize the Risk and Stay Out of Trouble. Frode Samdal, Norway
- A New Traffic Light System for Safe Liposuction With Anatomic Consideration. Shailesh Vadodaria, UK
- Do Not Take Buttocks Fat Graft Lightly: A Rare Case Report of Fatal Mortality. Shailesh Vadodaria, UK
Session 6: Quality of Life, Patient Complaints, and Practice Management
- Quality of Life in Intimate Surgery. Amin Kalaaji, Norway
- The Dissatisfied Patients: Should we Hide from Them? Frode Samdal, Norway
- Can you Design an Experience Your Patient’s Actually Want to Have? “Team Building and Operational Effectiveness.” Mary Jewell, USA
- Disney Concept of Service Mapping Your Cast of Characters. Mary Jewell, USA
- How Safe Is Aesthetic Plastic Surgery? What We Have Learned From the Cosmetassure Data Base. James Grotting, USA
- Keeping Your Plastic Surgery Practice Safe. James Grotting, USA
Session 7: Body Contouring Surgery and Postbariatric (MWL patients)
- Liposuction/Liposculpture: A Historic and Scientific Review. Frode Amland, Norway
- Gluteal Fat Grafting: Augmentation or Sculpturing? Bjørn Tvedt, Norway
- Abdominoplasty: How Anatomy and Art Enhance Our Clinical Approach. Bouraoui Kotti, Tunisia
- Central Angiosome Vertical Abdominoplasty Cava: Safe for Any Size. Gudjon L. Gunnarsson, Norway
- Repair of Rectusdiastas: 5-Year Follow-Up on a Prospective Randomized Trial Comparing Quill Double Roe Sutures to Submuscular Mesh. Birgit Stark, Sweden
- Breast Reconstruction in the MWL Patient Using Autologous Tissue. Andreas Printzlau, Denmark
- The Evolution of Postbariatric Plastic Surgery. Carlos Roxo, Brazil
- Body Lifting With Minimum Undermining. Carlos Roxo, Brazil
- Systematization and Associations in Postbariatric Plastic Surgery. Carlos Roxo, Brazil
- Anchor X Classic Abdominoplasty – How to Choose. Carlos Roxo, Brazil
- Onfaloplasty and Neo-Onfaloplasty. Carlos Roxo, Brazil
- Braquioplasty: A Simple Approach. Carlos Roxo, Brazil
- Simple Reshaping of the Breast in Patients Who Experienced Massive Weight Loss. Jørn Bo Thomsen, Denmark
- Refined Running Suture Lower Body Lift in Massive Weight Loss Patients. Jørn Bo Thomsen, Denmark
- Assistance of Liposuction in Skin Reduction Surgery Following Massive Weight Loss. Shailesh Vadodaria, UK
- Axillary Fold Contouring in the MWL Patient. All Too Often Forgotten or Disregarded. Gudjon L. Gunnarsson, Norway
Traditional Norwegian dinner
Please see registration
The fee includes entry to all sessions and exhibitions, lunch and all café/refreshments breaks.
Members of the NSAPS and ASAPS and the Norwegian Society of Plastic Surgery
- Until July 1st: 700 NOK ($80)
- Until August 15th: 800 NOK ($100)
- Until October 1st: 900 NOK ($110 USD)
- After October 1st and on-site: 1400 NOK ($170 USD)
Members of Swedish Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the Danish Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and the Finnish Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Until July 1st: 1600 NOK ($ 170USD)
- Until August 15th: 1800 NOK ($ 220USD)
- Until October 1st: 2000 NOK ($ 240USD)
- After October 1st and on-site: 2500 NOK ($300 USD)
Members of the ISAPS
- Until July 1st: 2000 NOK ($ 240USD)
- Until August 15th: 2200 NOK ($ 260USD)
- Until October 1st: 2500 NOK ($300 USD)
- After October 1st and on-site: 3000 NOK ($360 USD)
- Until July 1st: 2400 NOK ($ 290USD)
- Until August 15th: 2700 NOK ($ 320USD)
- Until October 1st: 3000 NOK ($ 360USD)
- After October 1st and on-site: 3500 NOK ($420 USD)
Residents and researchers
- Until July 1st: 1500 NOK ($ 180USD)
- Until August 15th: 1700 NOK ($ 200USD)
- Until October 1st: 1800 NOK ($215USD)
- After October 1st and on-site: 2300 NOK ($270USD)
- Until July 1st: 1200 NOK ($ 150USD)
- Until August 15th: 1300 NOK ($ 160USD)
- Until October 1st: 1400 NOK ($170USD)
- After October 1st and on-site: 1900 NOK ($230 USD)
Faculty and congress dinner:
- Until July 1st: 900 NOK ($ 110 USD)
- Until August 15th: 1000 NOK ($ 120 USD)
- Until October 1st: 1100 NOK ($140 USD)
- After October 1st and on-site: 1300 NOK ($160 USD)
To register, please proceed to registration.
Lovisenberg Diakonale Høgskole
Directions to the congress center
From Oslo Airport Gardermoen
The Flytoget Airport Express Train
The Airport Express Train departs from Oslo Airport every 10 minutes, and goes directly to Nationaltheatret and Oslo Central Station. The trip takes about 20 minutes.
Price approximately 22 USD.
NSB (Norwegian State Railways)
The lines in direction Skien/Larvik, Drammen or Kongsberg will take you to Oslo Central Station. The trip takes about 30 minutes.
Price approximately 11 USD.
Flybussen departs from Oslo Airport every 30 minutes and takes you to the city center. Get off the bus at stop Oslo Bussterminal for closest proximity to Oslo Central Station. The trip takes about 40 minutes.
Price approximately 18 USD.
Please visit the taxi information desk in the arrivals hall to get information about the fixed rates for the different taxi companies that operate out of Oslo Airport. They will assist you with booking a taxi. The taxi rank is immediately outside the arrivals hall.
Price from Oslo Airport to the city center ranges from approximately 80 to 100 USD, depending on traffic, and takes about 45 minutes.
From the city center to the congress center
Public transportation in Oslo:
A single fare ticket costs about 4 USD for and gives access to all types of public transportation within the Central parts of Oslo (zone 1) for 1 hour. Tickets can be bought at Narvesen, 7-Eleven, Deli De Luca and Mix kiosks, or on the RuterBillett app on your mobile.
A 24-hour ticket gives you unlimited access to public transportation in zone 1 for 24 hours. Price approximately 11 USD.
Use one of the following bus routes from Oslo Central Station:
Bus 37 in direction Nydalen from Oslo Central Station to Lovisenberg or Lindern (approx. 10 min)
Bus 54 in direction Kjelsås stasjon to Arkitekt Rivertz plass (approx. 15 min)
Bus 34 in direction Tåsen to Arkitekt Rivertz plass (approx. 15 min)
Take lines 18 or 17 in direction Rikshospitalet from Oslo Central Station to Ullevål Sykehus. Walk or take bus 20 in direction Galgeberg to Fayes gate. Walk or take bus 37 in direction Helsfyr to Lovisenberg (approx. 25 min)
Take line 5 in direction Sognsvann to Tåsen. Walk to Tåsen senter and take bus 34 in direction Ekeberg hageby to Arkitekt Rivertz plass (approx. 25 min)
Delegates attending the 2nd Norwegian American Aesthetic Surgery Meeting 2017 will get discounted rates at selected two hotels:
Radisson Blu Plaza hotel
NOK 1795 per single room per night NOK 1995 per double room per night.
The room rate includes VAT, applicable charges and the following: – Super Breakfast buffet.
- Kettle, in-room safe, iron and ironboard
- Free access to fitness room, sauna and swimming pool.
- Fast free wireless internet access
+ NOK 300 for upgrade to Superior room
+ NOK 500 for upgrade to Business Class room **Prices are not commissionable.
Friday September 22nd 2017
Rooms that’s not reserved within the booking deadline will be released.
Each guest pays directly upon departure.
The hotel do not offer invoice on individual reservations.
Rerervations must be guaranteed for late arrival (after 18:00) with credit card details upon booking.
The rooms can be cancelled free of charged until 18.00 on the day of arrival.
Please use the following link to book your discounted stay at a Plaza hotel:
Booking Oslo Aesthetic Meeting
Comfort Hotel Grand Central
Weget get discounted rates on 4 of the Nordic Choice hotels, but it is Comfort Hotel Grand Central which is closest to Oslo S and the bus stop.
Prices may vary slightly when we have a fixed discount and not a fixed price.
Comfort Hotel Grand Central kr. 1376, –
Comfort Hotel Borsparken kr. 1034, –
Clarion Collection Hotel Bastion kr. 1341, –
Clarion Collection Hotel Folketeateret kr. 1431, –
Each guest pays direct at the hotel upon departure.
The rooms must be guaranteed with a credit card.
The rooms can be canceled free of charge until noon. 16:00 on the day of arrival.
Cancellations are made on the hotel’s website by clicking on the link found in the booking confirmation you received by e-mail.
Please use the following link to book your discounted stay at a Nordic Choice Hotel:
For any questions please contact
Ellen Thrap Aspeggen email@example.com